Study Finds Some Flavors Can Reduce Free Radicals During Vaping

The scientific community agrees that electronic cigarettes are safer (95% less harmful) than tobacco cigarettes. The remaining 5% potential for harm is what has researchers and regulators divided on whether to promote vaping or ban it outright. Now new research has shown that something can be done to reduce some of the harm which can be caused by vaping. Researchers have discovered that some flavorings, such as vanilla, can reduce the volume of free radicals (reactive molecules which may damage normal cells) which are formed when e-liquid is aerosolized during the process of vaping. Such findings show that a lot of public health benefits can be achieved if concerted effort is directed towards helping the relatively young electronic cigarette industry to reach its full potential. Read the full article and discover what else the researchers found during the study.